Discover LSTOnline (FAQ)

Discover LSTOnline

You are now in LST’s virtual learning environment called LSTOnline, built on the most popular learning platform in the world (Moodle) to which we have applied careful learning design to produce carefully thought out learning experiences for you.  

Online learning is a blend of engagement between you, as a student, and resources, your tutor and other students. In each module you can therefore expect to find course narratives that will lead you as you engage with many texts and resources. You will watch video explanations, read books and journal articles, and search and engage with scholarly sources on the Internet within a scaffolded learning framework.  But you will not be alone and you can also expect to learn in community, and each module has a variety of communication tools that will allow you to relate to your module tutor with questions and further dialogue as well as with your fellow students as you construct your learning together and learn from each other’s contexts.  So you will be able to chat personally, place general comments for the entire cohort to see or participate in critical conversation in discussion forums.  

Each cohort will be assigned a tutor who will either be a contracted LST faculty member or a visiting lecturer with proven experience and high standard theological qualifications.  Normally tutors will interact with you on a weekly basis and walk with you through your learning journey, providing answers, guidance and relational encouragement. 

We hope the LSTOnline will soon become a friendly home, where you can learn and flourish together with others.  You can gain a better look at LSTOnline through the LSTOnline Video Tour below.  More information on the content and delivery patterns can be found in the 'Discover' sections of the individual degree programmes.

We have identified and answered some common questions in the forum below, but feel free to interact in the forums with further questions or post new topics.  To do so you will need to login as LST Visitor using the credentials below (case sensitive):  

·         Username: visitor

·         Password: Genesis1:1

Since the Visitor role is anonymous, please include your name in your post.  You will need to check replies manually as Visitor access does not activate notifications to your email.

This is a question and answer forum. In order to see other responses to these questions, you must first post your answer

DiscussionStarted byRepliesLast post
Age Picture of visitor visitor visitor visitor 0 Thu, 11 Jan 2018, 10:08 PM
How much will it cost study to study online? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Sat, 24 Sep 2016, 3:04 PM
Can I study single courses? Picture of admin 1 admin 1 0 Tue, 13 Sep 2016, 8:23 AM
Is an online degree the same as an on-campus degree? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Tue, 31 May 2016, 1:57 PM
Is an online degree the right choice for me? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Tue, 31 May 2016, 1:54 PM
Will I need to come to London for a period of residence? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Tue, 31 May 2016, 1:52 PM
Will I need to have access to a library or will I need to purchase books? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Tue, 31 May 2016, 1:49 PM
Do I need to be a computer expert? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Tue, 31 May 2016, 1:47 PM
Will I need a good internet connection? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Tue, 31 May 2016, 1:47 PM
What sort of device will I need? Picture of marvin oxenham marvin oxenham 0 Tue, 31 May 2016, 11:35 AM

Settings

Settings