You may already know the area of service you want to be placed in. You may even have a placement organisation in mind. We have built (and continue to grow) a bank of organisations (both secular and Christian) with whom we have a partnership agreement and these are available to you (see folders below).
In selecting our placement organisations, we have in mind to build partnership with people and places which can offer strategic work experience to equip our students for future vocation.
And LST placement partner organisation should fulfil the following criteria:
- TOLERANCE: a community which is tolerant of LST placement students’ beliefs
- WELFARE & SAFETY: be able to provide an appropriate role and hours for student(s) in an accessible location, whilst making the placement student aware of any health and safety concerns onsite and providing maximal health and safety standards at all times
- SUITABLE SUPERVISION: be able to provide a supervisor who:
- has experience in/knowledge of student’s placement
- can give time required to work closely enough with the student
- can give positive, critical input for duration of placement
- can complete the required placement paperwork.