LST Online - VLE
LST Online Degrees
- Imagine knowledgeable and professional theological educators all over the world who can work both autonomously and within teams in a variety of contexts.
- Imagine theological educators who can adapt to change and generate new ideas while remaining faithful to the Biblical roots of their vocation.
- Imagine theological educators who are rooted in critical reflection that enables them to solve problems and effectively engage in the vocation of theological education in their particular cultural context and so make a positive contribution to society.
- Imagine theological educators who have balanced the above goals with an integrated vision of holistic theological education and have taken responsibility to develop professionally and personally as men and women of God, both in character, interpersonal skills and spirituality.
We have imagined just these things.
MA IN THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION
This distinctive set of programmes represents a unique opportunity for theological educators from all over the world to obtain much desired professional training in theological education. It is no secret that teachers in Bible colleges and seminaries all over the world are traditionally trained in theology but not necessarily in education. LST is working together with strategic international organisations involved in theological education to bridge this need and provide a series of highly flexible and internationally deliverable courses in the discipline of theological education.
These programmes are for you if:
- You are currently a theological educator teaching in a Bible college or seminary;
- You are a theology graduate who is considering a vocation in theological education;
- You are involved in leadership or academic responsibilities in a theological college, but have not professionally trained for these roles;
- You want to deepen you awareness of what is distinctive (and theological) about theological education and re-discover your calling.
There is no need to leave your occupation, no need to leave your country. The programmes are designed in such a way that they are best taken while you are actively teaching in your local context. All courses are designed to work for those who are already involved in full-time theological education anywhere in the world and involve a combination of online distance education and reflective practice.
HOW YOU WILL LEARN?
You will learn by engaging in both acquisition and participation activities, most of which will shared with a cohort of students that will move together through the course, engaging a variety of media during the week on different topics and then blogging and interacting in forums over the weekends.
In all the modules you will be learning with fellow students from all over the world under the guidance of a tutor. Arrangements will also be made during the programme to be formally observed during your teaching in order to assist you in reflecting on your practice.
Assessment will vary within the modules, with components such as reflective and critical essays, reflective practice reports, curricular projects, personal journalling, engagement with a variety of online tools and a final empirical research project (at MA level). There will be no need to travel for final examinations.
THREE DEGREES: MULTIPLE ENTRY AND EXIT POINTS FOR MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY
- PGCertTE - Postgraduate Certificate in Theological Education (60 credits), part-time 1 year
- PGDipTE - Postgraduate Diploma in Theological Education (120 credits), part-time 2 years
- MA in Theological Education (180 credits), part-time 3-4 years
it is also possible to study single modules both for credit and as Auditors for Personal Development
* The programmes are currently only offered part-time
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND INTAKE DATES
Students enrolling in these postgraduate programmes are normally expected to have an honours degree in the field of theology and to be engaged in the vocation of theological education. The programme has two intake dates, one in October and one in April every year. Applications should normally arrive two months prior to the desired start date.
VALIDATION AND ENDORSEMENTS
These programmes are validated by Middlesex University and have been developed through a close working relationship with the European Council for Theological Education. They are also warmly endorsed by the International Council for Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE), Overseas Council (OC) and key leaders involved in theological education across the globe.
To find out more about postgraduate training in theological education at LST, write to email@example.com or download the Postgraduate Programmes in Theological Education flier.
Also watch the following brief Introductory Video: